Teeth Whitening in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA
One of the simplest and most effective ways to improve the look of your teeth is teeth whitening. However, those at-home kits are tricky, take a long time, and aren’t that effective. That’s where a professional whitening treatment from a dentist’s office is the better solution. There are many benefits to going for a professional whitening over an at-home solution.
At Brentwood Dental Art, we believe in giving people the best service possible to make their smiles brighter and whiter. Consider our teeth whitening in Brentwood if you’re in the market for a better smile and want the best way to whiten teeth.
Creating brighter smiles
Get the confidence boost with a bright white smile
Whiter teeth can give you that added confidence boost to smile like you really mean it.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process that can be completed in our dental office or with a custom take-home kit provided by our Brentwood dentist. During teeth whitening treatments, we remove the stains from your teeth, so your smile looks brighter and more natural. The whitening process also removes natural discoloration, giving you whiter teeth than you had previously.
The safest way to get white teeth is to consult with our Brentwood dentist about whether you qualify for this non-invasive treatment.
About In-Office Teeth Whitening
Every teeth whitening process starts with a consultation, where our Brentwood dentist will evaluate your oral health and discuss your dental concerns. If your teeth qualify for whitening, we may recommend this treatment before other types of cosmetic services, especially because tooth-colored materials like fillings and crowns do not respond to whitening gels.
If you decide to whiten your teeth, we’ll arrange to have you come back to our office for about an hour to an hour and a half. We’ll polish your teeth, retract your lips, and apply a special concentrated bleaching gel that safely lifts stain particles inside your enamel’s porous surfaces.
For our patients who prefer to whiten on their own time, custom take-home kits are also available.
Teeth Whitening Results
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening provides better results than over-the-counter products because the ingredients are highly concentrated. While over-the-counter kits will work, they are not as effective as an in-office whitening treatment. Same-day teeth whitening is a one-time process, or you can get custom trays to fit your teeth where you apply the professionally administered whitening gel. You can’t buy these products over the counter as they are only available from a dental professional.
- Brighter Teeth: Our whitening gel safely lifts 7-8 shades or more from your smile.
- Safe Results: Working with a professional helps prevent unwanted side effects.
- Faster and More Effective: Professional strength products work more quickly and remove more stains than commercial products do.
- Easier: With an in-office procedure, all you have to do is sit back and relax!
- Customized to Your Smile: Make teeth whitening part of your smile makeover or use it as a solo cosmetic enhancement.
- Reduced Sensitivity: Our dentist will help you identify the best products and ingredients to prevent and manage possible sensitivity from whitening your teeth.
How is Whitening from a Dentist Better Than an At-Home Kit?
- We professionally monitor your whitening process to ensure the best results.
- Our teeth whitening will last longer and is more effective than any at-home kit.
- Professional whitening gets your teeth several shades whiter faster.
Brentwood Dental Art offers convenient and affordable professional teeth whitening services to help you achieve a whiter smile in Brentwood.
What Causes Tooth Stain?
Many people believe that teeth become stained or discolored due to things like coffee, tea, red wine, or cigarettes. However, our teeth also absorb stains as the years and decades go by, causing our smiles to look darker than before. Even certain types of medications can cause enamel staining.
Common Types of Whitening Products
The most common types of teeth whitening treatments we offer are in-office (same-day) whitening and take-home custom trays. Both work extremely well. Depending on your smile goals and the timeframe you’re working with, one may work better for you than the other. The team at Brentwood Dental Art will discuss the pros and cons of each one as it fits your situation so that you can feel confident about your aesthetic enhancement.
How to Keep Your Smile White
To keep your teeth white after a bleaching treatment, brush twice a day and floss daily to prevent plaque and tartar buildup. Also, rinse your mouth out with water any time you drink a dark liquid or eat something that might stain a white shirt (such as tomato sauce or curry.) Schedule a dental cleaning at Brentwood Dental Art twice a year to have your teeth professionally cleaned; we’ll also polish away any surface stains to help your smile stay white.
If you have a take-home whitening kit, we recommend touching up a few times after every six-month dental cleaning. If you drink a lot of coffee or tea, you may want to touch up as frequently as every 3-4 months.
Professional teeth whitening is the safe, affordable, fast way to get beautiful results.
Am I A Good Candidate for Whitening?
A good candidate for teeth whitening is someone who wants whiter teeth and has healthy teeth and gums. There aren’t any active cavities or gum infections. They may not necessarily need any other cosmetic dental work, or they could be planning to whiten their smile so that new restorations match the brighter white by the time their treatment rolls around.
Whitening is ideal for adults of all ages, as well as older teens. We recommend avoiding whitening products if you are nursing or breastfeeding.
Because whitening is non-invasive, it’s a safe and affordable option for anyone looking to enhance the overall appearance of their teeth.
Teeth Whitening in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA
If you are considering professional teeth whitening services in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA, and want to learn more about its pros and cons, the procedure, and the cost, call Brentwood Dental Art today to schedule a complimentary consultation!
Questions Answered on This Page
- What is Teeth Whitening?
- About In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- How is Whitening from a Dentist Better Than an At-Home Kit?
- What Causes Tooth Stain?
- Common Types of Whitening Products
- How to Keep Your Smile White
- Am I A Good Candidate for Whitening?
The Brentwood Dental Art Experience
- Highest Level of Dental Care
- Friendly and Caring Staff
- Affordable Financing Options
- Personalized Dental Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Various types of peroxide—such as carbamide or hydrogen peroxide—are used, which oxidize stain particles to leave whiter, brighter surfaces behind. Each is suspended in a thick gel to minimize gum irritation and better penetrate the teeth.
Yes. To ensure the whitening gel targets deep stains, plan to have your dental cleaning just before a whitening treatment.
When used as directed, teeth whitening products are extremely safe and gentle. Our dentist will provide you with information on how to combat possible tooth sensitivity caused by whitening. Using a sensitivity toothpaste and/or fluoride rinse can be extremely helpful. If you have a take-home kit, consider whitening every other day instead of daily.
Whitening should not be used on any teeth with active cavities or disease, as the ingredients could cause pain or irritation.
Yes, teeth whitening is a safe option for anyone with discoloration or who just wants a whiter smile. We offer this service to our patients to have their genuine white smile back no matter what food, coffee, or other stains have done to their teeth.
Hear From Our Patients
Book Your Free Consultation Today
The first step to a healthy mouth and the smile of your dreams
About our Dentistry
- CA (License #16796). View License Information
- Insurance: We work with most insurance providers including all PPO’s
- No Insurance? No problem call 213-463-8870 for more information
- Financing Options: We offer a wide range of dental financing options
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles
- We serve patients from the following cities: West Los Angeles, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Culver City, Santa Monica and Westwood
- Have Questions? Please feel free to contact us at 213-463-8870