Composite Fillings in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA
Do you think you have a cavity? Have you been told that you need to get a dental filling? Brentwood Dental Art in Brentwood, Los Angeles, CA offers advanced composite fillings that match your teeth. But the advantages of white fillings extend beyond just cosmetics; these composite restorations are safer and healthier for your smile.
Be proud of your smile
Restore Your Smile with Tooth-Colored Fillings
Composite dental fillings are made from tooth-colored material that blends in with your natural teeth to give you a more confident smile!
Benefits of Composite Dental Fillings
Composite (white) fillings are very healthy for your tooth enamel and help preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible. Composite fillings are less invasive than traditional silver ones, as the materials bond directly with your tooth structure. In contrast, silver fillings are wedged into place, requiring additional tooth alteration.
Our Brentwood dentist can also choose the color of composite used so that it will blend in with your natural smile.
- Improved Appearance: It is easy to see why a white filling looks better than a standard silver one, especially at the front of your smile. Composite materials match your enamel, so they blend in seamlessly with your existing tooth structures. You can get white fillings in a variety of colors so that you can enjoy natural-looking results that others won’t notice whenever you’re smiling.
- Minimally-Invasive to Teeth: White fillings are not only attractive, but they also offer the benefits of being minimally invasive to your teeth. They bind to your enamel and preserve healthy tooth structure by minimizing how much of it is altered during the procedure. Only the affected area of decay needs to be removed.
- Better Versatility: The nature of composite fillings allows us to place them on any tooth throughout the mouth, including front teeth, along the gumlines, and on smooth tooth surfaces. Composite materials are also used for cosmetic bonding if you have a slightly chipped or misshaped tooth.
Are you interested in replacing old silver fillings with natural-colored fillings?
Our Brentwood dentist is committed to helping you brighten your smile.
Should I Get a White Dental Filling?
Cavities are a type of bacterial infection that can cause physical damage to your teeth and spread to the ones on either side of it. By treating your cavity quickly, Brentwood Dental Art can help prevent the spread of decay and the need for additional dental procedures.
You might need a dental filling if:
- You’re experiencing sensitivity to sweet foods or drinks
- There’s a rough edge that you can feel with your tongue
- Food is getting caught between your teeth whenever you eat
- Floss is snapping or shredding around a certain tooth
- There is a visible shadow on your dental X-rays
The only way to know for certain whether you need a dental filling is to schedule an exam and X-rays at Brentwood Dental Art. We’ll use your updated dental X-rays to screen for cavities inside of and between your teeth, intercepting them as early as possible before they can spread. If you have concerns about whether or not you need a filling, our team can provide you with a second opinion and answer any questions that you have. We also share your imaging with you so that you can help co-plan your treatment needs.
The Composite Filling Procedure
It is easy to get a new composite dental filling. The only thing that you will feel is a little bit of pressure because your tooth is completely numb. After cleaning out the affected area of decay, our Brentwood dentist will prepare the tooth and shape the tooth-colored composite material inside of the void. The composite is then cured into place using bright light, hardening it and bonding the material to your tooth structure.
An average dental filling appointment takes less than an hour to complete in most cases. Even though your tooth will be numb, you can still ask our Brentwood dentist about optional sedation during your appointment.
If you live in Brentwood or the surrounding area and looking for a natural-looking restoration, contact us today for more information about tooth-colored fillings.
How to Care for White Fillings
Even though fillings can’t get new cavities, the surrounding tooth can still be susceptible to decay. To prevent your filling from failing or tooth decay from recurring, it is important to floss and brush your teeth every day. Flossing won’t pull out your white filling, but if you don’t floss, you will put it at risk of failing. Also, be sure to plan a checkup at checkup Brentwood Dental Art every six months to have your teeth and dental work evaluated.
How Much Does a Composite Filling Cost?
The price of composite dental fillings used to be more than traditional silver restorations, but that’s not always the case anymore. That being said, there are certain factors that can impact the total price of your white filling. Such as the size of the cavity, the number of tooth surfaces involves, and if you’re using dental insurance to pay for a portion of your treatment. Insurance carriers vary from one policy to the next, so our treatment coordinators will verify your benefits before providing you with an itemized treatment plan.
Repairing a cavity with a white filling is much more affordable than waiting until you need a crown or root canal. If you have concerns about the price of dental fillings in Brentwood, be sure to ask about our affordable payment options.
Brentwood White Dental Fillings
Are you concerned about a possible cavity in your tooth? Brentwood Dental Art offers a wide range of restorative options, with composite fillings being some of the most conservative available. Our Brentwood dentist can help you, whether it’s replacing old metal fillings or treating a new cavity.
Call Brentwood Dental Art now to schedule your next dental filling.
Frequently Asked Questions
With good care and maintenance, a white dental filling can last for several years (up to 10-15 years in some cases.) It’s important to brush and floss around these teeth daily to prevent recurrent decay from developing around the edges of your restoration.
White fillings are an excellent alternative to silver (or amalgam) restorations. They are made of tiny glass or polymer particles, which bond better to your enamel than amalgam fillings. If you have an older filling or a cavity that needs to be filled, composite fillings can offer many advantages over amalgam restorations.
Definition of common dental fillings terminology
Tooth decay (dental caries): Tooth decay is the breakdown of teeth due to acids produced by bacteria.
Tooth Enamel: Enamel is the thin outer covering of the tooth. This tough shell is the hardest tissue in the human body.
Tartar: Tartar is a hard yellowish substance that forms on your teeth and causes them to decay if it is not removed.
Cavities: A cavity is a hole in a tooth that develops from tooth decay.
Dentist: A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the patient’s teeth, gums, and mouth.
Dental Filling: A dental filling is a procedure to treat a small hole, or cavity, in a tooth.
The Brentwood Dental Art Experience
- Highest Level of Dental Care
- Friendly and Caring Staff
- Affordable Financing Options
- Personalized Dental Services
Hear From Our Patients
Book Your Free Consultation Today
The first step to a healthy mouth and the smile of your dreams
About our Dentistry
- CA (License #16796). View License Information
- Insurance: We work with most insurance providers including all PPO’s
- No Insurance? No problem call 213-463-8870 for more information
- Financing Options: We offer a wide range of dental financing options
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles
- We serve patients from the following cities: West Los Angeles, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Culver City, Santa Monica and Westwood
- Have Questions? Please feel free to contact us at 213-463-8870